Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to School: Fall 2011 Beauty Trends!

Hi everyone! My last post in my back to school series was fall nail polish trends. I know not everyone is a nail polish addict like I am, but if you read my blog, then you probably have an obsession with makeup like I do. So, I thought I would share a few trends I have been noticing in the fall runways, as well as on celebrities, etc. So let's ge started!


If spiders freak you out, maybe you can get your Annie Oakley points by sporting spidery lashes. Try this interesting old-fashioned look by using tons of volumizing mascara (three to four coats) and then take some eyebrow tweezers and clump together your lashes by squeezing a few lashes into mini triangles. Pair this with a matte berry lip or some bronze shadow and this looks tres cute!

Thick liner is definitely a dramatic look to branch out to. If you are just starting with makeup, I wouldn't suggest going straight to this look. I would suggest a thick felt-tip liquid eyeliner (Try: NYX Super FAT Marker, $10 ULTA). Trace your upper lashline with higher pressure to create a thick line, then you can create a small wing, or just leave it be. I would definitely not combine this look with spidery lashes! Then it's way too dramatic! Moderation, readers!



Bold brows have also been making a comeback. I don't know about you, but when I think of bold brows, I think of chestnut hair, bronze French skin, and defined pouty lips. In the brow department, we always can look to beauties like Camila Belle, or Audrey Hepburn for inspiration. Brow powder is my personal choice for creating beautiful big brows. Brushing the brows upwards is also a new trend for the fall.

Alright, those are a few of fall beauty trends I am going to share with you. I hope you try out some of these looks, if you want a photo tutorial on any of it, please leave it in the comments. Leave any suggestions for back to school posts in the comments as well!

No comments: